Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Unsolicited Questions

On Monday I mentioned I would offer some fun responses to a few of the dreaded questions and comments we often receive as 30 approaches.

Feel free to add your own using the comments section.

I’ll post any I receive in another blog.

Don’t you hear that biological clock ticking?
My clock’s defective. It never ticks, bongs, gongs or rings. Have you tried the mute button? It works great.

Your eggs aren’t getting any younger.
Are they getting older? Do they go stale? What science is this? Suddenly I’m 30 and I’ve started storing old eggs, that’s just nasty. (And a little contrary to the science I’ve heard about.)

It’s too late to start over.
Says who? It’s never too late until you’re dead. (Unless you believe in the afterlife, then it’s really never too late.)

Isn’t it time to settle into a normal life?
What’s normal? Do you mean boring?

If you don’t start looking, you’ll never find the right guy.
Is he hiding under a rock? Or maybe the “right guy” has an expiration date?

Who will take care of you if you don’t have children?
I’m planning on pygmy aliens taking over the world. I’ll greet them when they enter the atmosphere and ask to be taken to their leader. Either they’ll kill me or make me a sex slave; either way, I’m covered for my senior years.

You don’t want to grow old alone.
What makes you think I’m going to suddenly like people more as I get older?


Please send me your responses to unsolicited expectations/questions about turning 30.

No comments: