Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Pleasure of Post-Its

This might be a little off topic but I just have to praise post-its today. Getting new office supplies always makes me a little cheery but today I opened two new packages of post-its in my office and I couldn’t help but grin.

You see the weather has been quite gray of late and I’ve been a little on the bummed out side. My post-its are friendly, over sized AND have lines on them. The lined post-it takes the invention of the post-it into a new stratosphere. But when you add enough room to write plus bright, happy colors, all is right with the world. I have an orangey-pink (or pinky-orange), a soft lime green and a pastel pumpkin pad. This covers all my bases and I can make notes to myself to my heart’s content.

I brought the pleasure of post-its home from the office. Yesterday I reorganized all of my archived email into a more productive (and easy to find) system then updated my many desk post-its with the TO DO for next week. After that I had to go to Staples on my way home so I could purchase the post-its for my office, hence the pleasure of organizing on my relaxing Saturday.

I am reminded that sometimes all it takes is a little thing to make me smile. So what makes you smile?

Do you love fresh school supplies at the end of summer? Or the scent of garden soil in the heat? Whatever you love, consider writing yourself a small reminder (on a post-it of course) to look at any time you’re feeling a bit of stress.

No comments: