Thursday, August 7, 2008

30 Isn’t Old – the Book



You may not know but this blog started out as a book project. Two years ago while working on my final project for my Master’s degree I decided to interview women who were turning 30. After reading so many negative books about dreading 30, I became irritated and decided to do something about it.

The process to find women willing to be interviewed took some time. Then there was the actual writing of the book and deciding what I wanted to say. After the first few drafts were completed I began searching for an agent or publisher.

Long story short, two years later the book is almost ready. All that is left is some proofreading and the design and print process. The book will be available before the end of the year.

Now that I have a real date, a real end to the book project I am reminded once again that age is not a milestone. It is not a due date or a time when you must have accomplished some big thing. I have passed 30 but today, knowing that the dream of this project is going to happen, I’m having a great day. I am not the least bit bothered by not having published before 30.

So think about it.

If your big dream, your one goal to accomplish before 30 doesn’t happen, what will it mean to you?

Will you give up? Or find a new dream?
Or will you continue to seek your dream and celebrate the day it does come true?

No comments: