Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interest Inventory

Frustrated by my lack of actual give a darn about anything I decided to try an old fashioned exploratory activity. I decided to take an interest inventory. I did a search on Google for free online interest inventory and took the first one that was free at http://www.keirsey.com/.

Of their 4 personality types I apparently am a Guardian

Which FYI is apparently a little on the boring side. I've include a list of the descriptors for my type from the personality report:
dependable
helpful
hard-working
trusts authority
joins groups
seeks security
dreams of meting out justice (I like this one!)
dutiful
cautious
humble
loyal mates
responsible parents
stabilizing leaders

"Guardians are the cornerstone of society, for they are the temperament given to serving and preserving our most important social institutions. Guardians have natural talent in managing."
"Guardians can have a lot of fun with their friends, but they are quite serious about their duties and responsibilities."
"Practical and down-to-earth, Guardians believe in following the rules and cooperating with others. They are not very comfortable winging it or blazing new trails; working steadily within the system is the Guardian way."


What did this activity teach us?

Mostly I discovered that I hope I am not as boring as this personality test thinks I am. Don't get me wrong these may be great qualities and if I were an employer I would totally hire me based upon these results.

But seriously outside of my day job do I really want to be Dutiful? Humble? or Cautious?
Not so much.

No comments: