Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back Online Earlier Than Expected

I should apologize for my time away. I had serious network crash problems. But now I'm back.

Let's get back turning 30 and some lists.

I've been spending a lot of time this week sitting in meetings at work. The corporate atmosphere is perfect for meetings and while I listened to a few heated discussions about metrics and benchmarks, I let my mind wander to thinking about careers in general.

So how do you know your career is in the right place as you approach 30?

Is it the amount of your paycheck?
How hard you work?
How much you look forward to going to work each day?
Does your title make a difference?
How about the number of promotions?
Or job transfers?

Is career success merely your rung on the corporate ladder or does it mean more?

No comments: