Saturday, May 24, 2008

The thing about lists

Tackling the TO DO list issue the other day bummed me out a little. I kept thinking we don't need to rush with little goals in order to feel accomplished. At the time I couldn't find a solution other than to say you likely already have goals so how about working on those instead of creating a frivolous list.

For many the list probably wasn't frivolous, I know but think - if you made a list did it include
Lose weight
My guess is that for most people it did. So I decided there is no solution to the need to rush some sense of accomplishment before turning 30.

I will offer a suggestion however. Make ANOTHER list but let this one be a list of what you have accomplished in your life - big, small and anything in between.

A quick glimpse of my own list:

Graduated college

Masters Degree

Read Gone with the Wind - twice

Perfected white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe

Found the perfect pair of red shoes

Changes a few diapers (for nieces and nephews)

Fall in love & out of love

Decided what I like about myself

Wrote a book

Travelled abroad


In less than 5 minutes I came up with this list.

What will you come up with??

No comments: