Thursday, May 15, 2008

Celebrate

I guess I should tell you that I have celebrated 30 and it was a blast. I'm able to share the experiences before and after 30. Having come out the other side I can promise that 30 is juts another birthday.

Tomorrow I'm celebrating another birthday - 32 exactly - so now is a good time to talk about celebrating 30. If the day has been looming for you or getting you down you have 3 basic options.

1. Consider the day to be just another day. DO NOTHING!
2. Say goodbye to your 20s with black crepe and funereal garb.
3. CELEBRATE! It is your birthday.

If you haven't already guessed, I chose option 3.

I decided to have a day all about me. I love birthdays and usually take the day off to spoil myself and-or spend time with friends. For 25 I splurged on a full day at the spa then a night out at a club with friends.

30 was slightly different in that I wanted to splurge for more than myself. I invited the women who matter to me - friends, family and family friends. All who could come made the trek to Atlanta for a spa party and sleep over. I served my favorite foods and desserts. We even had a chocolate fountain and a variety of beverage treats. Then we spent the evening in our pajamas, gabbing and taking turns getting services like facials and massages from the mobile spa company who came to my home.

It was a BLAST! For everyone. So if you get the chance CELEBRATE yourself and those who love you.

No comments: