Monday, August 10, 2009

Back in the Swing

I've been out of touch for a while. Unfortunately, my craptastic day turned into a couple of very busy and very irritating weeks. I just wasn't up to being positive. You might have noticed that when possible, I try not to let this blog become my personal rant session. This past week or two, I chose to avoid writing instead of indulging in my inner cry baby.

Now, I'm hoping I'm ready to get back into the swing of things and back on schedule. I'm in Chicago for a few days this week. The flight here was uneventful, if you don't mind a few dozen little kids screaming about wanting to go back to Disney (instead of heading home). To avoid the screamers, I indulged in a few hours of iPod immersion.

Skipping through my over 3000 songs, I realized how much music is a part of the major events in our lives. You might remember the music playing the first time you kissed a boy, the first time you got drunk at a bar, or even the tune playing as you celebrated your last birthday.

Today I gravitated toward songs that make me want to move. A little Fergie, Abba and Christina Aguilera just to name a few. I recalled that for my 30th birthday I chose soothing tunes in line with the spa theme. But if I hadn't celebrated this way, I wonder what music would have permeated the night.

What about you? What music will you choose for your celebration??

No comments: