Saturday, December 26, 2009

Make today the first day of the new you

The day after Christmas is often a shopping day or a crash day. Personally, I’m not willing to brave the chaos of after holiday shopping just for a sale. This is especially true when it comes to buying stuff I’ll have to store for months. I just don’t have the room.

One thing I’ve always loved to do after the holiday is have myself a little fashion show. I usually clean out my closet in order to make room for new clothes I received as gifts. While doing this I try on what I have, sometimes seeing items I’ve forgotten I ever had. I try on the old and the new clothes. Then I give a little twirl and decide what to keep.

Occasionally I find that at some earlier time I purchased clothes I thought I wanted but then realized they don’t suit my personal style. This year, instead of tossing out those items without every wearing them, I’m going to take a try at a new me.

I’ve pulled out 3 outfits from my closet that I thought I would wear, much classier, and a little more color than I usually wear. My challenge is to wear each of these outfits next week. Well, truthfully, I will wear two of them. It’s a little too cold for the third (capri pants) so that outfit will wait for spring.

I’ve decided to make today the first day of a new me, a more daring me (at least when it comes to wardrobe). What will you do to make today the first day of something new?

No comments: