Saturday, December 6, 2008

Finding Peace - Part 2

Sometimes the stress is too great for me to just take a day off and hope to feel better. On those days I have to make a bigger trip.

Part of my soul is attached to the natural world. In most walks of life I am perfectly suited to the urban world. But when I need a break, I need nature. I need green leaves, the smell of dirt and the wind blowing across my skin.

The photos attached to this blog are some I've taken on various trips. The thing is that though the woods are pretty, they don't always do the trick.





Sometimes I need the woods. The rest of the time I need the beach and the roar of the woods or the dry, heat blast of the desert. Each site, when lonely and desolate, speaks to me and soothes my mind enough to offer peace.


This month, while the weather around me turns colder and I cannot get away from the hustle and bustle of my busy life, I think I will look for my places of peace.







I moved a few weeks ago and have mostly unpacked my belongings. I have not, however, finished the sorting. While I'm at it, I will look for the photos I've taken over the years of my peaceful places.

Hopefully I'll find the snapshots from:
The desert outside Sedona where I spent a week catching my breath in 2005 before I quit my job and changed my life

Or the beach near Daytona or Cocoa where I spent much of my childhood and teen years, relaxing and having fun with friends.

If I find my places of peace I will post them this month. I suggest you consider finding your own places of peace and posting the snapshots on your refrigerator or at your desk. My hope for you is that these images, these symbols can help you breathe and find peace throughout this busy year end season.


No comments: