Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finding Peace - part 1

Our 20s may have been the busy “fun” years of our lives but our 30s will be equally busy. Whether you are growing your career, your family or your own personal expertise, you will likely be busy during the decade that is your 30s.

As you approach 30 you may be dreading the idea of working too hard and never having the time for yourself or your dreams. If this is your fear then consider beginning the next decade by developing an essential skill that will help you cope and survive. Find a way to find peace.

Finding peace will be different for each of us. For myself, there are different levels of finding peace. When life is going good but is just so busy that I can feel my body approaching exhaustion – then a bubble bath and a night off is the best way to locate peace. I turn off the TV, computer and phone. Then I relax with a soak before putting on the softest pjs I can find. I lounge on the sofa or in bed and do nothing. I give myself permission to take the night off and either relax doing nothing or just let myself go to bed at 6 in the evening, whichever I want to do at that moment.

Just stopping life and the roller coaster is the first step to finding peace from a hectic life. This works for certain types of stress and busy times.

However, the simple night off isn’t enough to help me find peace when life has truly gotten out of control.

For the big stressors I need a little more.
Find out what works for me tomorrow in part 2.

No comments: