Sunday, September 7, 2008

September

Why is it that September always has me thinking about getting organized and motivated??

Some say it has something to do with the going back to school vibe. The problem is that I grew up going back to school in 90 degree heat at the height of a Florida summer in mid-August (note September). By the time September rolled around I was hoping for a hurricane.

I'm not saying that too loudly because with Gustav the Hanna not living up to the hype, I'm a little bit concerned about Ike floating around in the Caribbean. Maybe barrelling toward the Gulf is a more accurate statement. But again, I'm a native Floridian and wind doesn't scare me near as much as it should.

Although I would like to head home for some sweltering in September later this week so I sure hope the weather clears by then. I know it's selfish to be concerned about my vacation when people in Key West were contemplating evacuation and possible future homelessness. BUT STILL, something about September brings out the childish brat in me (along with the desire to get it back together).

Apparently even I can only deal with my inner brat for so long. So let's get back to the point. September gets me motivated faster than New Years or a rapidly approaching birthday (in May).

Why does heaving into Fall, toward the end of the year seem so much more enticing as a motivator??

I'm not sure. But along with my vacation next week I've also been very productive at home. I've started a new workout routine and diet (see my other blog http://hownottoloseweight.blogspot.com/ for details about that), I've caught up at work (if it's ever really possible to do so) and I'm hip deep in edits for the book I'm working on. There were some issues with the publisher and publication rights to quote the participants (blah! blah!) which have kept me away from this blog the past few days - but I think I'm finally caught up.

See, September, what a great month. Now I must go get more done while the muse is upon me!
Have a great one!

No comments: