Sunday, June 15, 2008

Contain Yourself

I mentioned earlier this week that I planned a trip to The Container Store today. I have to admit, I love this place. Everytime I walk in I find new ideas for organizing and inspiration for making my life and my living space more comfortable and interesting.

I came home with jewelry and office organizers that I spent several hours putting to good use. My jewelry is organized and for the first time since I moved in January my office floor is not covered with paperwork and stuff to be organized.

What does my shopping have to do with Turning 30 you ask - good question.

I came to some realization while shopping among the brightly colored office supplies and storage bins - sometimes you just need to pretty up the package in order to get everything right on the inside. I'm not saying that beauty is what matters or that a new outfit will change your life.

What I mean is that sometimes you have to do something for yourself to get the ball rolling. I rewarded the work involved with organizing my office with some great containers. The containers served to motivate me as well as to keep my office neat and fun.

When facing a tough challenge, including whether to make life changes or just feeling confident in yourself, take the little steps to bring a smile to your eyes.

Buy a purse
Have a pedicure
By boxes to get organized
Clean out your closet
Organize the spice rack

No comments: