Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Tat

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was searching for a new tattoo. I decided to spend much of my Labor Day enjoying the fruits of someone else’s creative labors.

I made a visit to Sailor Bill’s Tattoo Time in FL. http://www.tattoo-time.com/ where Jared created something new that I am very pleased with. I can only show a partial picture because it circles my wrist and won’t show well in 2D. Let’s just say, I’m happy and it looks great.



After getting the tat I spoke with my friend Noelle who commented that she’s glad because “A new tattoo always makes you happy for a long while.” What a great observation from a friend who really knows me. She is totally correct.

A few hundred dollars, four hours and pretty new artwork set my world to rights again.

Of course I started thinking about the other simple things that tend to make me smile. Here they are, feel free to add your own simple pleasures.

Rainbows
The smell after a Florida thunderstorm
New flip flops
Hot water
Cheese puffs
The right song at the right moment
The light feeling after a haircut
Finding a great shirt that’s been hidden at the back of my closet
Texture of book pages
Ten dollar dangle earrings

With the strife, turmoil and frustration of life, isn’t it great that there are some things that can make you smile? What simple pleasures make you happy?

No comments: