Monday, January 26, 2009

Read Often and Read Well

If you’ve read much of this blog you might have realized that I love to read. I’m not a book snob because I read everything. I have read my share of fine and formal literature but I am just as likely to read the newest self help book or Nora Roberts romance. In fact in most instances I’d rather curl up with a Nora Roberts, Janet Evanovich or Christine Feehan novel than American Idol or Gray’s Anatomy.

I’ve read the South Beach book, the Zone book, 7 Habits and any other self improvement type book. I’m even a bigger fan of audio books in the self help realm. Last week I listened to


People are Idiots and I Can Prove It


by Larry Winget. I listened while working on a project at work and laughed my way through the book. Even though Larry is a funny guy with a sharp sense of humor, I appreciate his books because he offers honest and brutal advice just when I need it.
While you might not care about what I like to read, I'm hoping that you have books you prefer. One of the joys of being in our 30s is that we get to explore life and anything that interests us. Books are a great option for self discovery so I say read well, read often and read for fun.


No comments: