Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to 30 Isn't Old

It all started a few years ago when my sister made a comment about my getting older. She suggested I start thinking about settling down with a husband and family now that "30 is just around the corner".

Her comment sent me on a spiral of irritation. I wondered what does it matter that I was almost 30? Who would care that I am getting older? We all are.

What I realized is that a lot of people care. Not about my age in particular but about turning 30. It is an age many fear and dread. The good news is that this blog is not a rant, whine or worry about turning 30.

Instead I believe that 30 is a great time to be a woman. I believe that 30 is a time of independence and exploration that far exceeds anything that happened in our twenties. So check in with this blog when you need a positive spin on turning 30.

No comments: